Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Dam Revisited


Earlier I shared the vision I had of standing in front of a dam, begging God to break it down, knowing that all of his plans for me were behind it. I was anxious and frustrated waiting around, knowing what God had called me to, and unable to get there. I couldn't wait to be carried away in the rush that would come when God's promises were fulfilled.

Since then, we have had an incredible year. It has been peaceful, full of joy and contentment... also full of small trials that, combined with a slow, peaceful pace, God has used to teach us contentment and stewardship.

Now, I still feel like I am standing in front of this dam, but I'm in no hurry. I am patient and only a little anxious that I am not quite prepared. I feel equipped, I've got the tools I need to navigate the rush, but I'm not confident that I have the strength and discipline to hold onto them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment