Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Been A While...


It has been a very long time since I have posted anything on this blog, and it is not because the story has fallen flat. God has been more active than ever. I am in no way disappointed or disillusioned. Instead, I am at peace and filled with joy and contentment. The thing is, I do not have any "explanation" for this story, which makes it harder to share. However, it has been gnawing at me that I have left this hanging. I started a story where God was the hero, then left it on the Internet as though he left me hanging.

Now, I could sum up everything that God has done in the last year in one long, dull post... but that seems pointless. I'm not here to tie up a loose end, defend God's reputation then move on. This is still a story. And while I don't even know how I feel about people reading it, I started it... and leaving it hanging does not sit well with me.

This has been the most amazing year of my life. I have been so blessed, heard God's voice more than ever, and learned so much that I am continuously in that place of awe and excitement... of epiphany. Like I said, I have no explanation for this story. I have no idea why God did not do things the way I thought he was going to. Truly, my mind baffles. However, I am genuinely happy that he did not. This year could not have been what it was had he done everything I had begged him to do, everything I thought he said he was doing. Now, do not get me wrong... I have no doubt that I heard him right. I have not lost an ounce of faith. I do not believe he told me something just to lead me down the right road. A lot of people have that explanation. You know, like the oracle in The Matrix who, rather than telling Neo the truth, told him what he needed to hear to do what he was supposed to do. I do not think God does that, at least not with me. He has no need to trick me into doing what he says. And frankly, I think that would be beneath him.

So, I am going to keep the story going. I'm going to share the chapters... because that's all I've got. I have no outline, no storyboard... I have no idea where this is going. But I can share the cool things that have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment